Our Mission and Vision
The High School Success Coalition advocates for proven policies that are grounded in racial equity and support every student on their path to achieve a rigorous high school diploma and pursue their dreams.
As a coalition, we believe:
- rigorous classes are essential,
- counseling services and support staff are critical, and
- transitions are pivotal.
Our vision is that every Washington student will graduate high school prepared with the skills to navigate a rigorous post-secondary education and connected with the resources necessary to take their next step.
SIGN THE PETITION
By signing this petition you are joining countless other parents, families, and teachers in calling on state policymakers to make a dramatic difference in K-12 education – right now.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2022, the High School Success Coalition is asking legislators and Washingtonians to support policies that ensure student supports and school funding center the needs of young people who have historically been furthest from opportunity. We urge the Washington State Legislature to prioritize:
- Focused, effective use of funding – including federal COVID relief funding – for evidence-based programs that specifically support high school students furthest from opportunity.
- Ninth Grade Success programs that ensure students returning to high school after the pandemic receive support to stay on track to graduation.
- Counseling and support for postsecondary planning, including effective High School and Beyond Plan implementation.
- High-quality high school graduation requirements and pathways that prepare students for postsecondary opportunities leading to credential attainment and family-wage jobs.
- Robust financial aid opportunities through expanded College Bound Scholarship eligibility, increased WASFA/FAFSA completion, and launch of the WSAC Community Challenge Grant.